Monday, July 08, 2013

MORNINGS IN MOUNTAIN COUNTRY & REFLECTIONS ON JULY FOURTH HOLIDAY WEEKEND

July 8, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

After breakfast, Barry pushed me in my wheelchair out to the patio.  He had put fertilizer on the plants a week or so ago and the rains and sunshine have the plants thriving.  The early morning sun came out and rain drops glistened on the flowers and very green plants.  The sound of birds singing loudly filled the air.  The country morning has its own sound and I thanked God for giving me this time on earth.

On the fourth of July, we had a cookout and Barry cooked steaks.  I hadn't eaten any red meat in about a year.  But, Barry cooked to perfection two filet mignon steaks.  I ate about half of a steak and it digested well, so I may eat more beef in the future.

The next day, Tam, bless her, came over, although she was still on her holiday, and helped me take a shower and shampooed and set my hair.  As I say often, Tam is a precious jewel.  Meanwhile, a friend of Barry's came over for a visit and they were talking in Barry's media room.

Then, Kym, Barry's co-worker and our friend, came over from Dalton, and she and I had a nice chat in my bedroom suite.  Kym had only seen me with droopy eye lids that caused me to see through small eye slits.  So, she was startled, and pleased, to see me with big blue eyes.  So far, I have healed well except for bruising scars under my eyes, which I hope will fade away soon.  When the scars are gone, I will have Barry make a new picture of me.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home