Friday, June 28, 2013

JULY 4TH - AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATED & AFTERMATH OF MY SURGERY

June 28, 2013
By Olivene Godfrey

On July 4th, America's birthday celebration, brings back memories.  My late mother's birthday was July 4th.  For a number of years before she passed away, at the age of 92, as many family members would come celebrate her birthday with a cookout at our house.  Afterwards, mother opened her gifts and we always enjoyed the day.

Barry and I haven't entertained since then.  Our family circle has been broken and only my sister, Jeanette and I are left.  Barry and I will cook supper on the grill and just take it easy.

I still have some bruises beneath my eyes, even after 4 weeks since my eye-lid surgery.  Barry said the doctor told him and Tam that the skin beneath my eyes is very thin and bruises easily.

I am tired of looking like I've been in a bad fight and I'm ready for the bruises to fade away.

I haven't worn any makeup since the surgery except for lipstick.  I didn't wear much makeup before the surgery but I seem to have more time in the mornings now and I may just give up makeup except for special occasions.

I hope each of you have a happy July 4th.  See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home