Monday, April 22, 2013

IN MEMORY OF DIANNE


April 22, 2013



By Olivene Godfrey

My kid sister, Dianne, passed away a few days ago.  I was 21 years old when she was born.  When she was little she called me Ah-com, as she couldn't pronounce my name.

Dianne had MS and later, cancer, yet I never thought I would out live her.  When I was given the news of her death, my emotions took over and I wept for her.

Then, I remembered the day she was born.  My twin sisters, Joan and Jeanette, who were 17 years old at the time, rushed into the apartment I shared with my late husband.  They told me we had a little sister.  She was an adorable little girl.

Meanwhile, the twins were married and had small children, and the entire family visited our parents on Sunday afternoon.  Since my son, Barry hadn't been born yet, I enjoyed watching the small children play.  Dianne seemed to be the one to choose the game they would play.  A favorite of the little kids was to run with gusto in the house.

Looking back, I remembered that Dianne was a troubled woman.  I pray she has found peace.

She is survived by five children and several grandchildren.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home