Thursday, February 21, 2013

FOLLOWING TWO DOCTOR VISITS, I HAVE A LOT ON MY MIND AND AM TRYING TO STAY CALM

February 20, 2013



By Olivene Godfrey

I had a recent check up with my primary care doctor.  She heard a clicking sound when she listened to my lungs and ordered an xray which showed scar tissue.  Since I have a severe case of COPD that wasn't surprising.  But, I was very ill last year for about a month with double pneumonia.  The doctor wanted me have a CT scan as a precaution and to see how much damage the pneumonia may have done.  So next week I'll have the CT scan and a complete blood work-up.  I can't eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the test.  Please remember me in your prayers.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my eye doctor.  Following the usual tests, I talked to the doctor.  He said that my eyes are still healthy with no eye disease.  But, my eye lids excessive skin is severe.  I will see him again in a month and hopefully be able to schedule eye lid surgery.  We want to wait for the results of the CT scan before setting a date for the surgery.  So, I have a lot on my mind this week and am trying to remain calm.

Last week, Tam drove me to the Dalton beauty shop where her pretty daughter, Carrie, shampooed, cut and set my hair.  She has magical fingers and now I have a pretty new hair do.

My sister, Jeanette, recently advised me to sleep on a satin pillow to keep my hair looking nice.  Tam gave me two satin pillow cases and I bought a satin bonnet.  And, it really works!

I told son, Barry about this and he reminded me that I should have had a daughter who would tell me these things.  I told him I have Tam, an honorary daughter.  It would be impossible for me not to love Tam because of all she does for me and for Barry.  I pointed out, I am fortunate to have a son like him, and Tam in my life.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home