Wednesday, January 23, 2013

CAN YOU BELIEVE "HOT FLASHES" AT 85 YEARS OLD?


January 23, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey
Suddenly, without warning, I feel a sensation of a wave of heat passing over my body, and my face flushes as if set on fire.  Sounds like a menopausal "hot flash".  A moment later, sweat pours all over my face and my cheeks are scarlet.
I'm 85 years old and this has been happening to me fairly often.
I told Tam I may have lived so long I'm having a second menopause.  When she stopped laughing, she said, "surely not".  But, she had no explanation for the sensation.  It's embarrassing to have one of these spells in public.  I've asked my doctor about this flushing and she said it could be a lot of different things, nothing serious.
My rascal son Barry has made several pictures of me with my red face that looks like I got carried away with the blush.  Then, he posts the picture on his facebook page.  He says it makes me look healthy.  He says he gets comments of how good I look in the pictures.  It's all pretty weird!
See you next time.  (As told to Tam)
Comments welcome

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am 85 and have had got flashes since I was 49 years old. I hate them! I go to water aerobics three times a week for one hour each. I have thyroid problems as well as scoliosis, degenerative disk disease, and arthritis. I wish there were a cure for hot flashes.

September 30, 2015 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home