Thursday, December 27, 2012

LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW YEAR

December 26, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
Christmas has past and it's time to welcome a new year.  Son, Barry and I will be glad when 2012 ends, as it hasn't been a good year for us.
In early spring, I was hospitalized with double pneumonia and was very sick.  The illness took its toll on me and I still have bad days.
Looking back, I realize that each decade of my life has been different as I pursued new interests.  One of my goals for 2013 is to have four of my novels that were written in the 1980's published.
Tam is preparing the first novel, "Seasons" a love story, according to the publisher, Amazon's KINDLE books requirements.
It would be a great achievement to have the novels published.  And, to be honest, it would be frosting on the cake, if my books became best sellers and to be rich and famous during what may be my final decade on earth.
I've done a heap of living during my 85 years of life.  And, I've drawn upon some of my own experiences when writing fiction.  But, the books aren't autobiographical.
Now, a few words on new year resolutions.  I rarely make any.  But, this year, I do resolve to try to be more patient with Barry and Tam when I'm waiting for them in transporting me to different rooms in my wheel chair.  My only excuse is that it's hard not to be able to walk when and where I want to go.
See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home