Monday, November 05, 2012

HOME HEALTH NURSE HEARS GURGLING SOUND WHEN SHE LISTENS TO MY LUNGS A FEW DAYS AGO


November 4, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey

While my home health nurse took my vital signs a few days ago, she told me she heard a gurgling sound in my right lung.  I asked her what that meant and she told me it may indicate an accumulation of fluid or mucus in the airways.  She said it could be a virus or bacteria, such as a cold or some other illness.  And it could be a warning of the start of pneumonia!
Since I had double pneumonia this past spring and had a long hospital stay, her words struck terror in my heart.  Tam was with me and we exchanged a worried glance.
The nurse told me to increase the breathing treatments with my nebulizer and inhaler.  She, or another nurse, will come by and check me, probably tomorrow.  I will have a blood test early in the week which should indicate if I have an infection.
I have an appointment with my doctor, but may need to see her sooner.  I have oxygen in the house and I pray I can stay out of the hospital.  Please include me in your prayers.
See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home