Friday, September 21, 2012

KALEDIOSCOPE VIEW OF PAST WEEK


September 20, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey

I am writing this early Wednesday morning and I was awake all night.  Being with people stimulates my nervous system.  I have felt better lately and hope I'll survive this week, since I am having more activity than usual.
Last Sunday, son Barry drove me to Ingles Super Market and it's a mini adventure when I shop at the large store.  Because of my poor health I hadn't been to Ingles in several years.  The store is spacious with the interior painted white and the high ceiling has a sky light.  The aisles are wide and the store has a wide variety of foods and other stuff.  I bought some greeting cards. Since I was in my wheelchair, Barry had to help me choose the cards I wanted.  After we left the store, Barry took me on a tour of Chatsworth, since I hadn't been there in so long.  It was an enjoyable treat.
I hadn't bought any new clothes in several years.  Since it's hard for me to shop in stores now, I ordered several garments from a catalog and am enjoying them.  And, the new clothes gave me a lift.  I have a gift card Barry gave me for Christmas last year, but I haven't felt up to going and using it.  I hope Tam and I can get to Dalton soon, so I can use the card.
Yesterday I had an appointment with my blood doctor in Calhoun.  My blood test was okay and I didn't need a booster shot.  Tam drove me to Barry's Dalton shop so he could take me to Calhoun.  While we were at the shop we had a nice visit with our friend, Kym, who works in the shop's sales department.  We also saw Sheila, the shop's secretary.
The home health therapists will be here today and I hope I'll have the energy to do my excercises.
Tam and her son, Corey, hiked seven miles on a mountain trail last Sunday.  Tam must be in really good health as she has felt fine all week.
See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home