Thursday, July 05, 2012

THANK GOD FOR SPARING OUR AREA DURING HEATWAVE STORMS AND ALSO THANKS FOR GEORGIA POWER AND OUR HEAT PUMP


July 5, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
During the days when we were having 100 plus temps I stayed inside our house.  I've been relaxing in my new sitting room in one area of the large bedroom.  Son Barry selected a very comfortable recliner for the room and has ordered a new slip cover for a wing chair I had in my office.
The days when the hot weather was so oppressing were the hottest ever recorded in the South the weather people reported.  I don't remember such hot weather in my long life.
This week we are having temps in the 90's and the air quality is still bad.  Barry says during the week last spring when I came down with double pnemonia, the pollen count was an incredible 6,000!  We believe that is what triggered my serious illness.
I have been keeping up with my long-time friend, Jeanette Greeson's brave fight against cancer by reading her posts on facebook.  Please remember her in your prayers.  She is indeed a STEEL MAGNOLIA!
Our crepe myrtle bush was planted in July 2000 in memory of my Mother who died that year.  Every year on Mothers birthday, July 4th, the first blooms appear on the bush and did this year, too.  The bush was given to us by my sister-in-law, Joyce when mother died.  See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home