Friday, June 01, 2012

NOTES ON RECENT FALL, KNOCK OUT ROSE BUSH AND TAM'S ILLNESS

6/1/2012

By Olivene Godfrey
Friends and relatives often tell me how lucky I am to have son, Barry and my caregiver and friend, Tam to take good care of me.  I thank God every day for them.
But, I have been having a bit of bad luck when it comes to my health.  Recently, I had an extended hospital stay when I was stricken, without warning, with double pneumonia and was seriously ill.  Now I'm regaining my health back daily, thank God.
And then, I fell in the kitchen without warning, this past holiday weekend, resulting in aches and bruises and two cuts on my left leg.  I had tried so hard not to fall the past year as I have a history of falling and injuring myself.  I hope and pray that I'll heal soon and not have anymore falls.
Barry planted the red knock out rose bush that Tam gave me for Mothers Day.  It is blooming and is so pretty.  Barry cut some of the roses and put them in a small vase and I have them on the table beside my recliner in the den, and I'm enjoying them.
Since I started writing this blog earlier in the week, Tam came down with bronchitis and has been very sick.  She saw her doctor and got a shot and other medicines, and says she's "on the mend".  I hope she will be able to come to work soon, I miss her.  Please pray for her full recovery.
My good neighbor and friend, Genevelyn came over yesterday and fixed my lunch and we had a nice visit.
Comments welcomed.  See you next time
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home