Friday, May 18, 2012

TOUGH SISTERS - STEEL MAGNOLIAS

5/18/2012

By Olivene Godfrey
The Home Health nurse said that I'm a tough lady.  She said some people who had been through all I have in recent months would have given up.  She added that I am a fighter.  I don't know how tough I am, but I am a stubborn fighter, and I am determined to regain my health.
Sometimes it's hard to make it through a day, but I keep going.  Fortunately, I have a strong will power and that helps me to reach my goals.
Speaking of tough ladies.  My sister, Jeanette, is the toughest lady I know.  She has faced tragedy and has been a caregiver for her disabled husband for many years.  During her 80 years she has had about a dozen major surgeries and always bounced back.  She's in constant pain now, and she's fighting to overcome serious side effects of a prescription drug.  She's always been an independent lady and its difficult for her to ask for assistance.  Thankfully, she recently asked for help for her husband, and the wonderful Hospice people are helping her.
Please remember Jeanette in your prayers, and say a little prayer for me, too.  Even tough ladies need all the help they can get.  Some people call southern tough ladies, "STEEL MAGNOLIAS",which seems to be appropriate.
See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home