Monday, May 07, 2012

Plants Welcome Me Home, And Too Many Interesting People Play Havoc With My Nervous System

5/7/2012
By Olivene Godfrey
Our Christmas Cactus is in bloom and is loaded with buds which promise even more.  The Peace Lily and Poinsetta are blooming too.  Barry says the plants are happy I'm home following a long hospital stay.
I'm happy to be home too, but I think before I came home I had expected to feel well with no aches and pains.  If I could just be at home.  Alas, that hasn't been the case, and I still have medical problems.
Now I'm busy on week days with the Home Health people for my various therapies.  Being with interesting people is enjoyable for me but it always over-stimulates my nervous system.  This weekend I have rested and slept a lot.
Tam has been making a list of ailments we need to discuss with my doctor when I see her in a few days.  I will have my blood checked to determine if my Anemia may be causing my fatigue.  I may need a booster shot.
Barry points out to me almost every day that I was very ill for over a month, and it will take a while to recover.  Friends tell me I'm doing great, and the physical therapist was elated when I walked 90 ft. last week.
I am having some interesting therapy, including treatments for Electrical Stimulation for people who have difficulty swallowing.  I'll tell you more about that treatment soon.
See you next time
As told to Tam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home