Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life's Drama is enacted each day






By Olivene Godfrey

Shakespeare wrote, "All the world's a stage, And the men and women merely players."

While driving about the countryside one day, before I stopped driving, I realized anew that drama can be found wherever there is life. I passed a house where an elderly man sat in a straight cane chair underneath a huge tree. In his hands he held a letter written on blue stationary. As I passed, I wondered if the letter was from a child, bringing him news perhaps of grandchildren.

Then,a young boy and girl strolled, arms entwined down a shady street. And I wondered if this was their first romance, and how would it end?  Every human being lives his own drama. Every person is important to someone-- if only to himself and to God.
We often hear certain persons referred to as "VIPS" but to me everyone alive is a very important person simply because he is a person with feelings, hopes and dreams.

Summer,which will be here before we know it, is a pleasant season to most everyone. But, like Christmas, I think perhaps its never quite so enchanting as when one is a child.
Remember how it was to be a child?  The enchanting make -believe world. (Let's pretend we are explorers, etc...), unrestrained laughter, swimming or just splashing in cool water on a hot day, and the beauty of a butterfly and the fascination in an ant hill.

I remember as a child I had a favorite friend I liked to visit,especially in the summer. I liked the little girl. But, the big reason I enjoyed visiting her was because out behind their house was a big tree that had been cut down and left lying on the ground.  We spent hours pretending the tree was various fascinating things, climbing on its branches, and walking on its trunk.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home