Monday, December 26, 2011

Thoughts on the new year





By Olivene Godfrey

The setting of the sun on a new year is a kind of summing up time.  We think of what we have accomplished, of our goals, and what the new year may bring to us. Resolutions do little to change a way of life. They are easily made and just as easily forgotten.  Maybe we have a sincere to keep a resolution but unless we change inwardly, little can depend on the outward changer.

Shining promises made to oneself are resolutions made with faith and that self is listening and will carry out the plans. But human beings are unpredictable.  And at the first sign of a challenge, the self may dash back and lean hard upon the old ways of doing things, mo matter how wrong they are.

As I thought this week of the upcoming new year my first thought was that I'd be grateful if the new year could be free of personal tragedy’s for myself and son Barry.  But if the troubles come, my hope is that I will have the courage to face them and to survive. I’ve discovered there are two important things to do in times of difficulty. One is to pray and the other is to try to keep one's sense of humor. Prayer is essential to make the basic correction and to renew our faith. And the sense of humor is necessary to balance the spirit while things work out.

Life never stands still. It  can't hold onto the past. If the newness of first things haven't grown  into finer moments, life can't move forward for us but decays. My hope for each of you as well as for myself. is that we may experience new times and new beginnings, and first things will bloom once more again and enchant and inspire us.

See you next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Hey, wise words, so wise. I am glad that I finally get this thing called life, but sad that it has taken me so long. I wish for you and your loved ones a good New Year filled with love,joy,peace and good health.
Have to tell you I am going to start that book this year. When Ireturned to England I reconnected with a man called Harry King he has worked in radio all his life and has some very interesting friends. He has encouraged me to finally make a start and will introduce me to people in the industry. I am scared stiff, but as Harry says if I dont get it written down soon age will wipe out my memory. LOL Big hugs annie xx

December 27, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home