Sunday, November 13, 2011

DOC VISIT AND PRAISE FOR MORNING HOURS



DOC VISIT AND PRAISE FOR MORNING HOURS

By Olivene Godfrey

I had an appointment with my family doctor last week. Tam, my helper, drove me to the doctor's clinic and went inside with me.  I am just about deaf without my hearing aids now, and the aids didn't seem to be working when I saw the doctor. Son Barry said I probably didn't have them turned on as I seem to have
trouble trying to work them. Anyway, Tam listened closely to the doctor's advice. I highly recommend that when old folks go the doctor they bring an alert person with them. When we returned home, Tam filled me in on what the doc said. The doctor advised me to try a pro-biotic, Pearls, for my IBS pain.
I'll let you know if the results are positive.

Until about ten years ago, I was a night person and did all
my work at night. Now I am either to tired to work at night and if I do, I become too stimulated to fall asleep. I guess one of my problems is that I keep forgetting that I am nearly 84 and while I don't feel old in my mind my body continues to remind me.

If we would think a bit about how uncertain life is we would as Franklin wrote, " The early morning hath gold in its mouth.
Actually, it has things more precious than gold. It has life as fresh as dewdrops in the early rays of the morning sun. And,  in this breathless creation there is also a new opportunity, another chance, a challenge, more strong, more forgiving, more
loving, to walk on.

Each day is in our hands. And we will reap from it after the seeds we plant. If we want to be loved, we should be lovable and if we want peace, we should be peaceable. As Watley said. "Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home