Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sue's exquisite red roses & Barry's Facebook brings comments & New hair-do and a bit of guru philosophy





By Olivene Godfrey

Each moment I look st the bouquet of exquisite red roses on the table beside my recliner, my heart is warmed not only by the beauty of the roses but of the lovely lady who grew them and sent them to me. She is the mother of my wonderful helper,
Tam.  Sue is bravely fighting cancer.  Yet, she still thinks of others. Please remember Sue in your prayers.

A huge thanks to those who responded to Barry's Facebook link to this blog. And a special thanks to Barry's co-workers, Kym and Denise, and to Stephanie, president of the company that employs them, for their kind comments and support of Barry.

Last Friday, Tam drove me to the Dalton beauty shop where her daughter, Carrie, works as a hair stylist.  Carrie shampooed my hair and gave me a good haircut. And, when Carrie shampoos your hair you can be sure your scalp and hair are very clean which is the way I like it.  Tam, who has cosmetology training,
told me she would use the curling iron and hair dryer when I wash my hair if I want her to. I've told you previously that
Tam is a lady of many talents.  I don't know what we would do without her now.  Barry liked my hair and made a picture of me which we may show you if I like it.

A bit of guru philosophy that I agree with.  One of the guru's mental exercises is to relax and not take life too seriously.  Ask yourself: "What importance will my worry have 100 years from today?"

Another exercise is not to let yourself get into mental ruts. Don't say, "I can't."  Just go ahead and do it and then you'll see how easy it is.

I wish everyone in the world would adopt this portion of the guru philosophy --- avoid classifying things in terms of opposites.  Nothing is all good or all bad. A person is not completely beautiful or completely ugly. Guru's suggest that instead of looking at one side or the other, try to see how each side is dependent on the other for its existence.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home