Sunday, August 14, 2011



I'm just plumb wore out.

By Olivene Godfrey

As we Southern old-timers say, I'm just plumb wore out,
translated that means, I'm physically and emotionally exhausted. So much has happened to me in a short period of time and has left me drained of energy. Son Barry said one recent day,"It seems that you are a nervous basket case when good things happen to you just as much as bad news." And that seems to be true. And most of what has occurred in my life the past two weeks has been good news. Go figure!

When little things start sending me into a frenzy, I know it's time to try to slow down and not do too much for several days.
One important thing to be scheduled is a visit to the audiologist who tested and fitted my hearing aids. I've had a scary loss of hearing and my hearing aids hasn't helped me much. I saw my family doctor last week for a mini-check up, and she examined my ears and said I had a lot of ear wax. Her nurse spent quite awhile cleaning out my ears. I had hoped that would improve hearing but it hasn't.

As I write this, on Sunday afternoon, I'm trying to take it easy and not do too much. I already have two appointments for this week. Thanks to our wonderful helper, Tam, Barry and I haven't had too many chores to do. She's a jewel and helps Barry and me so much.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home