Monday, May 30, 2011

ON MY MIND

By Olivene Godfrey

Today is Memorial day in the U.S. and unofficially the first day of summer.The sun is shining brightly and the temp is in the 90s.The weather people say there is no relief in sight. I am not planning to leave my air-conditioned house until the temps go down. The turbulent weather we've had past month has been bizarre which is trying to tell us something,I think.

Son Barry and I plan to grill steaks for supper.Other than that we aren't doing much this holiday.

I am still feeling droopy, partly due to the anemia that has come back. I haven't had a booster shot in about three months. I return to blood doctor in about a week and hope my blood tests will qualify me for a shot.I told you that according to Medicare's new guidelines, I haven't been qualified for a shot.

This hot weather and sunshine has caused the patio plants to grow like crazy and look so pretty with Barry's tender, loving care of them. I enjoy looking at the plants from the den windows.

Barry has so much to do here after working hard at his job and I regret that I'm not able to the light housekeeping to help him now. His recent physical check-up showed that he is very healthy. Fortunately, he always has been healthy. We give a lot of credit to the soy formula he started his life with when he was born in St Petersburg, Florida. At first the doctor couldn't find a formula that agreed with him and we nearly lost him as he nearly starved to death. After he started taking the soy he soon became a happy,healthy baby and has been healthy since then.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home