Tuesday, March 15, 2011

By Olivene Godfrey

Comments on daylight savings time & spring and allergies & a sty on my left eye, my first one ever.

Once again, Daylight Savings Time has played havoc with my system and upset my usual routine. My late sister, Joan, used to say she didn't care which time we were on if we would just stay on one permanent time and Barry and I agree.

And when we get up in the mornings for a couple of weeks we think, "it's really 4:30 a.m. instead of our usual 5:30 a.m. awakening.

-----------------------------------------

Spring is officially almost here and the many beautiful flowering trees and bushes have the pollen count sky high. All of the rain we've been having has brought some relief to we allergy sufferers here in Northwest Georgia. But, last week, I had a bad attack of sinus pain due to an allergy on my left eye and the edge of my eyelid was swollen and inflamed and affecting my vision.

Last Friday, I was able to see my family doctor on short notice and she confirmed my allergy and surprised me when she added that I also had a sty on my left eye. I know it sounds incredible but this was the first sty in my 83 years of living and I don't like it a bit. Barry described a sty as an "acne pimple on the eyelid," which sums it aptly.

Barry says he's had a couple of styes in the past but I don't remember it. The doctor told me to use an eye wash on the eyelid and she prescribed eye drops and a nasal spray which seems to be relieving my allergy symptoms. I still have some swelling in my eyelid and the sty is still there. Maybe it will heal soon. As Barry and I prepared to leave the doctor's office, her receptionist told me that, "if you rub your gold wedding band on the sty, it will heal quickly." I may wind up trying her advice.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home