Thursday, January 20, 2011

HOORAY! OUR HEAT PUMP IS WORKING AGAIN & MORE ABOUT MY NIECE, AMI & COLD WEATHER HARD ON MY ARTHRITIS AND GIFT FROM FRIEND, RUTH,A LOVELY SERENDIPITY.

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Hooray! Our heat pump is working again, keeping all the rooms toasty warm. Barry and I agree that our heat pump is the most efficient heating system we've had in our house since we moved here 32 years ago.

-----------------------------------------

My niece, Ami, and I are getting to know each other via e-mails. I told you recently Ami left a comment on my blog. A few days early, Ami, called my sister, Jeanette, on the phone and they had a long conversation. Ami and her four siblings due to complicated circumstances know little about our family history. Jeanette told Ami about my blog and that I often write about our childhood days. Since then, Ami and I have been having an interesting e-mail correspondence. Ami's letters are a delight and warm my heart and I look forward to receiving them.

--------------------------------------------

My arthritis in my knees has caused me almost unbearable pain since the weather turned cold here in Northwest Georgia. I have an appointment with my doctor soon and plan to discuss with her cortisone shots for my knees. I understand now why elderly people spend winters in a warm climate.

---------------------------------------

I had a lovely serendipity one day this week. My friend and neighbor, Genevelyn, visited a mutual friend, Ruth, a former newspaper colleague of mine. Ruth asked Genevelyn to bring me a gift she had bought for me. She told Genevelyn that when she saw the gift she thought of me and bought the beautiful diamond shaped crystal paperweight, I collect unusual and pretty paperweights and Ruth's gift added beauty to my collection.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home