Sunday, December 26, 2010





THE SNOWS CAME & CAME & CAME! ENOUGH ALREADY!

By OLIVENE GODFREY

We here in north Georgia had a white Christmas to the delight of children and some adults. But, son Barry and I remembered the Blizzard of 1993, and we were wary of too much celebration of the event. And, sure enough, it snowed a lot during the night and it does look like a winter wonderland outside.

We weren't able to travel to my sister, Jeanette's home in Dalton for our Christmas dinner and party. We did try to go but when we ran into a blizzard, Barry turned the car around and we went home. He had bought foods and supplies on Saturday so we are prepared. We have three kerosene heaters and a small stove and lantern so we can survive although we had rather the snow end right now.

The only problem is with the heat pump. It is running on auxiliary heat which is keeping us warm but is using lots of electricity.
Barry has tried to call our heat and air man but unable to get through to him. I am wearing a sweat suit I haven't worn in years and it makes me look like a teddy bean, but, hey, it is keeping me warm.

I'll post more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home