Thursday, December 09, 2010

GIVING SON BARRY CREDIT FOR PIX & MY NIECE AMI 'S COMMENTS A SERENDIPITY & 7 STAGES OF DRUNKENNESS & TALKING TO MYSELF

By Olivene Godfrey
I want to give son Barry credit for making and posting pictures in this space. We hope readers will enjoy them and Barry promises to post more soon.

My beautiful niece, Ami's recent comments regarding this blog was a serendipity for me. I hadn't heard from or seen Ami in years but plan to try to contact her soon. I have a large picture of Ami and her husband that my late sister, Joan, sent me following a visit from the couple several years ago. Ami remembered that I sent her a copy of Little Women, her first book, when she was a young girl.

For years I have secretly conversed with myself. Oh, I haven't actually talked out loud. But, I would give myself verbal cues while tackling a problem or something new. And, then, a number of years ago, I read that a psychologist said it was not only normal to talk to yourself but that the measure of intelligence may be based on how broadly we converse with ourselves. And I remember the story about an old man who said of course he talked to himself, that he enjoyed talking to a sympathetic listener once in awhile.

Recently, I came across an old news clipping that listed the following stages of drunkenness-- 1-ape drunk, when one makes a fool of himself; 2-lion drunk, wanting to fight; 3-swine drunk, knee walking, commode-hugging sick; 4-sleep drunk, passing out; 5-goat drunk, becoming exceedingly romantic; 6- fox drunk, when one thinks he's crafty; and number seven is Martin drunk when a person drinks himself sober.

As I write this the weather is very cold. The outdoor temp on my new clock with weather station that Barry gave me for Christmas showed in large numbers 17 degrees outdoors when I got up this morning at 5:30 A. M. Thanks to our electric heat pump and Georgia Power our house is toasty warm today. If I get chilly, in the den when I'm in my recliner, I wrap up in one of my throws, my warmest one is a Georgia Bulldog one that Barry and I gave my late husband for Christmas one year.

See you next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger AmiRoe said...

Hi Aunt Olivene, thank you for your kindness with mentioning me in your blog. I am honored. I forwarded your blog to my siblings. We enjoy reading the stories about you and your fond memories about our grandfather and grandmother. I look forward to hearing from you. ~Ami

December 10, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home