Monday, November 29, 2010

OUR THANKSGIVING DINNER A FIASCO

By OLIVENE GODFREY

The beautiful, sunny weather started Thanksgiving day right. Alas, it was all downhill after that. When we arrived at the restaurant in Dalton, Barry had to park his car so far away from the entrance, we had to use my wheelchair which he had put in the trunk in case we needed it. There was a long line waiting to enter the restaurant but it moved pretty fast.
We had never seen so many diners inside. Then, my hearing aids magnified the noise, nearly driving me crazy. The aids are supposed to take care of noise and I'll report it to the
audiologist when I have a checkup.

The food was good but the cornbread dressing was different than they usually serve. It tasted good but was too spicy for my taste. Still, I ate every morsel on my plate. I've gained some weight the past month or so and my pants were too tight which added to my discomfort. I drank a large glass of iced tea with my dinner and as soon as we reached our house I dashed to my bathroom. I was beginning to taste the spicy dressing in my mouth which should have sent up red flags for me.

To sum it up, I rested in my bed while Barry and his friend, who had gone to the restaurant with us, played their electric guitars in Barry's den. Normally, the sound of the blues music doesn't bother me and they enjoy jamming and Barry says it helps him to relax. Still, I was relieved when they stopped making the music.

I didn't want any supper and went to bed about six P.M.
I woke up about 4:30 A.M. the next morning and went to my bathroom and had diarrhea several hours. I also felt nauseated but am rarely able to throw up. I took a dose of the "pink stuff" and went back to bed. Barry checked on me about six A.M. I guess it was a combination of all the happenings that whammed me.

The few times we're eaten out on Thanksgiving day has been a disaster. Barry said he'd rather stay home and eat a T,V. dinner than go out on the day again. I agree with him as I think I have learned that lesson now.

I hope your day was a good one and I am thankful for all of our blessings.

See you next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger AmiRoe said...

Hi Aunt Olivene, I am so happy to find your blogs. I am enjoying reading all of them. I remember when I was a young girl that you sent me my first book, "Little Women". I look forward to reading your next blog. Your niece, Ami

December 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home