Saturday, September 18, 2010

MY NEW HEARING AIDS WILL BE READY FOR ME TO WEAR SOON & NEW TECHNOLOGY AWES ME

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Yesterday, son Barry and I went to the hearing center in Dalton to have molds made of my ears. When we were recently at the center, my ears were tested and the results were that I have hearing loss in both of my ears and needed hearing aids. Before the molds could be made, I had to have the hardened wax in my ears removed which was nerve-wracking to put it mildly. It only took a few minutes to make the molds of my ears. And, the hearing aids will be ready for me to wear soon.

I'm looking forward to being able to relax and just enjoy every whisper. every word, every decibel of life again. And I'm sure Barry will be relieved not to have to shout to make me hear him.

--------------------------------------

A few weeks ago, I was listening to cable channel CD- RAWHIDE
which plays traditional country music constantly with no commercials or D-DJ's talking. I heard Ray Price's "For The Good Times", written by Kris Kristofferson, being played when Barry entered the den. I told him I had that song by Price on a LP vinyl record and would like to have it on a CD.
Barry reminded me that I had it on an eight track player in my car which I played constantly while driving back in the 1980s.
Then, he told me that he could have the Ray Price CD ready to play in a few minutes. My mouth flew open and I asked, "How"?
He explained that he would order the CD from Amazon on the web and then he lost me as to the technology. But true to his word, the CD was playing in the den shortly. This new technology even children know about is amazing.When I think of all the advances in technology in my lifetime. it overwhelms me.


----------------------------------------

I'm grateful for the comments from readers of this space. Sometimes I feel as if nobody is listening to me out there. Remember, comments are welcome.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home