Monday, August 16, 2010

LISTENING ART & A NEW HAIR CUT FINALLY & A BIT OF PHILOSOPHY

BY OLIVENE GODFREY

Did you hear what was said to you today, or did you continue thinking your own thoughts and answer without really knowing what was behind another person's questions? There is a real art to listening. It's not easy to do. And the reason it isn't easy is because most people have trouble saying what they really mean.

You have to listen very carefully to feel what they're saying sometimes-- especially when they or sad or in trouble. And sometimes people just need to talk to someone who understands or to someone who will listen to their problems. They don't always want sympathy, but they always a good listener. Someone said that we are living in a world peopled by those who listen but do not hear, who speak but do not communicate, and who insist that they love but do not notice the pain of the loved one.

------------------------------------------

I hadn't been anywhere except to a doctor's office since this horrendous heat wave began. And, it was back in the spring when I had a haircut. My hair had been cut really too short then. Still, I was beginning to look like a shaggy dog. So, son Barry and I went to the mall last Sunday and I had a good haircut --finally. I didn't have a really short haircut so I will need to go back sooner than I did during this summer.
The weather was still very hot, as it is as I write this.
But, Barry has a good AC in his car. And the only time I was in the heat was the fast ride I had as Barry pushed me across the parking lot to the mall entrance.in my wheelchair.
A bit of philosophy about people: "There are people who make things happen. people who watch things happen, and people who don't know anything happened." Gordon (Nebr) News.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home