Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WICKED IBS EPISODE & A BUSY WEEK & WHATEVER HAPPENED TO PEAR PRESERVES?
By OLIVENE GODFREY
I've been sick for about a week. For several days, I didn't feel well. Then while eating dinner about two days ago, I had a pain in my colon and I told son Barry I had to get to my bathroom on the double. That was the beginning of a massive IBS episode which lasted several hours and I am still not recovered from. I mean, it was a cold sweat and white knuckle time. Just as I thought I couldn't bear the pain, the vagus nerve that is a fascinating thing, came to my rescue and I passed out. Barry had to stay home the next day to take care of me. I still don't feel chipper but hope I will recover soon. I have started taking Mirrorlax which my GI doctor advised me to do as Barry and I both think I'm too old for anymore ordeals like this one.

Before this episode, I had a busy week, with the highlight being a "girl..fun..lunch" with my neighbor and friend, Genevelyn. We went to Edna's a popular North Georgia restaurant for lunch and then to shop in a boutique that has gorgeous ladies clothing and accessories. I hadn't been there in years and one of the owners remembered when I was a regular customer at The Fashion Vine'. I hope to go back soon for some serious shopping.

What happened to pear preserves? We're going to have a bumper crop of pears this year. One year,I tried to make preserves with them. What a mess! My late neighbor, Dorothy. also tried to make preserves from the pears with the same result. The pears are good for eating but obviously not for cooking. Barry says Ingles carries just about every other fruit preserves but no pears. The animals, such as deer, that come down from the mountains usually eat them.

I am getting tired so will close for now and hope next week, I will feel better. We are having a heat wave and I am staying in my AC house until it ends.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home