Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MY MOTHER'S DAY & GOOD LUCK VS BAD LUCK & BLACKBERRY WINTER IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

By OLIVENE GODFREY

My Mother's Day was wonderful, thanks to my devoted son, Barry. Actually, it started on Saturday morning. I have been searching for a pair of spring and summer shoes that were both casual and semi-dressy. Since I fell and broke some bones several years ago, I have only worn low heels with non-skid, safety soles. Barry wanted me to look at some shoes pictured on the Internet and I looked and showed him a picture that were similar to what I wanted. He said he just hadn't known for sure. I got busy and forgot about the shoes.

We had planned all week to go to Dalton to eat lunch on Mother's day. Barry and a friend went to Dalton on Saturday to eat lunch and browse in the stores. They returned about three p.m. and Barry found me in my bedroom. He told me that the Rockport store in Dalton was going out of business and were having a fantastic sale. He then said that he had bought a pair of shoes for me that were my size and he hoped I would like them and they would fit. I was stunned into silence. He left the room and returned with a shoe box and they were even better than I had been looking for. I tried them on and they fit perfect.
They are made of glove off white leather with a low heel and the soles are non-skid. Barry said, "You can wear them tomorrow with your light green pant suit." I thanked him several times and all day I thought of his thoughtfulness and as I often do, thanked God for him.

Perhaps it was the excitement, who knows?, but I had a spell with my IBS that night. I told Barry if our good luck held we could go eat on Sunday. I burned my mouth on a spoonful of hot soup for supper and that was bad luck. But, a few of Hall's cough drops healed it up by morning. On Mother's day, the weather was coldish which was apparently Blackberry Winter as the blackberries are in full bloom. I got all "dolled up" in my light green pant suit and new shoes and we enjoyed eating lunch off the bountiful buffet at Western Sizzlin. I didn't pig out as I usually do so felt better the rest of the day. Barry went to Ace's in Chatsworth that afternoon and bought me a pot of dark purple, lilac and white petunias. They look pretty next to the red, white and pink inpatients on the patio.

That night at bedtime, I said my prayers and thanked God for a wonderful Mother's Day and a thoughtful son.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home