Friday, April 23, 2010

MAKING DECISION REGARDING MY FUTURE

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I keep hoping I will get back to normal but I am still not feeling chipper and I can't do household chores that I've always done.
Son Barry thinks I have improved a lot but it is discouraging for me to be so helpless. Barry and I had a discussion with our family doctor a few days ago. Barry told the doctor that I have become a social recluse and have panic attacks sometimes when I am alone in the house. The doctor told me I need to decide if I want to continue living in my home or would I be more comfortable in an assisted living or rest home environment. My reply was quick, "I love my home and want to stay in it the rest of my life." And then she told us we have to make our home safer for me. She has arranged for me to have occupational therapy here at the house. They will evaluate ways to make the house safer, such as building ramps at the exits of the sunken floor in our den. I still have a couple of weeks of physical therapy and we will work on improving my balance as I nearly fell again last week.

We went to the Dalton mall last Sunday and I got a very short haircut. Since I started taking large dosages of vitamin D and booster shots once a month, my hair and fingernails grow like crazy and my skin and hair are oily again.

Recently, my friend and neighbor, Genevelyn, took me to the dentist to have two teeth filled. I think of her as "Little Miss Sunshine" as she is petite and has a contagious smile that brings smiles wherever she goes. She has helped me so much in the past for which I am very grateful.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home