Sunday, May 23, 2010

GOOD MEDICAL REPORT & OTHER TOPICS ON MY MIND

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Last week, I had an appointment with my family doctor and at the end of the visit, she told me I was doing so well, I didn't need to see her again for three months. We were both pleased that my COPD seems to be under control with my oxygen readings in the 90s and my lungs sound clear. The Home Health care nurse will continue to check on me every few weeks and I will still send my vital signs on my "smart monitor" every day. If I could get rid of my IBS I would feel better than I have in years. I am under the weather today with a bad attack of IBS and hope I feel better tomorrow. On a personal note, I told the doctor I liked her new very short haircut. And, my hair is still short after growing some and she said she liked mine too. Son Barry says my hair is too short but it is so easy to take care of that I will try to keep it this way during the summer.

We went to the local hospital today so I could have blood drawn for a test before keeping an appointment tomorrow for an injection of a bone medicine which will last a year.
We were very impressed with the newly remodeled hospital.

The weather is very hot here today with hot temps forecast for the coming week. I am so grateful for our air-conditioned house.

My favorite T.V. is Marty Stewart's fast paced music entertainment on cable's RFD-TV. The show only lasts 30 minutes and there isn't a dull moment. His wife, country music star, Connie Smith and his talented band plus super guests, provide great music. I watch the show on Saturday nights at 8 P.M. EST and even watch their repeat shows.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home