Saturday, July 03, 2010

THOUGHTS ON A PLEASANT SUMMER DAY

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Many thinkers deny there is any such thing as chance. They say chance is merely an expression of our ignorance of the course of events. They claim that when we don't know why something happens we ascribe it to chance. While its my belief that chance plays only a small role in our lives, many who have achieved prominence often admit that luck seemed to have had a lot to do with their success.

The saddest people are the unfulfilled, with no self-respect, little courage, the ones who continue to drift into wrong and difficult situations. Perhaps the best prescription for a fulfilled life is to honestly recognize all of our emotions, not denying any of them, but feeling them through to the end, a task no one ever quite completes in a lifetime.

--------------------------------------

During one of my cold sweat and passing out episodes, son Barry gave me a bottle of Gatorade to drink. After gulping down some of the drink, my mind began to clear almost instantly. Barry keeps a large supply of Gatorade on hand to carry to his shop to drink and I drink when I feel an IBS attack coming on. I've read that Gatorade's quick hydration plus salt and electrolytes in it really helps. Recently, when I was having a bad IBS spell, Barry called the Home Health nurse and she recommended that he give me some Gatorade. Because of the sugar content, Barry buys Gatorade's low calorie, G2, for me to drink.

--------------------------------------

Barry has been extra busy recently, working long hours at his shop and doing housework, cooking, etc...here, besides working in the yard. When he works outdoors, the chiggers play havoc with him, causing him discomfort. Since I rarely go outdoors, I have escaped the chiggers and mosquitoes and poison oak that lurks around the yard. Barry also has been cleaning one or two of our many windows in the house on weekends and they look so pretty and shiny. Yes, I know Barry is a jewel and I am so fortunate to have him for a son.

--------------------------------

My friend, Annie, who lives now in her home country, England, recently sent us beautiful photographs of England scenery and historical sites. She also wrote the text for the pictures. She says she has a lot to learn but we think she is an excellent photographer. She is an artist-she paints and writes- and can now add photography to her long list of accomplishments.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home