Monday, November 01, 2010

EATING RIGHT PAYS OFF FOR ME & SMART PHONES & MORE

BY OLIVENE GODFREY

Son Barry drove me to see our family doctor last week to review my recent lab work results. The doctor was very pleased as my report was excellent. My cholesterol was lower than it ever had been. I had lowered it dramatically several years ago by taking Lipitor and eating oatmeal every day but the report was even better this time.

Barry told the doctor I had stopped eating red meat and fried foods. Actually, we haven't fried anything at our house in several years. Barry eats fried foods sometimes when he eats out. And, when he brings in take outs I occasionally would eat a piece of fried chicken breast. I do eat white chicken or turkey breasts and fish. Barry cooks these foods on our electric indoor grill and he steams most vegetables. The recent lab work indicates that "eating right" does indeed pay for me. Time will tell if changing my diet is the right way for me to live.

If only a cure could be found for my IBS, I would be fine now as my more serious conditions are stable.

Back in the summer, I was treated with Reclast which helps build bones to protect me for an entire year. One dose annually with daily calcium and vitamin D supplements helps to increase bone density, protecting and strengthening bones. If I should fall, God forbid, I pray the Reclast treatment will keep me from breaking any bones. I have also had a flu shot so I hope I will survive this winter.

Barry bought us a "smart phone" set last week which is compatible with hearing aids. We had a twin set of hearing impaired phones with large numbers but I couldn't use them with my hearing aids. The new phones have some amazing features but the most important is that they are hearing aid compatible and the ear piece is large enough to cover the hearing aids so that I have no trouble hearing when talking to callers.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home