Thursday, January 27, 2011

Aftermath of my fall.

By Olivene Godfrey

I'm back at my desk as I am recovering from a fall in my bedroom last week. My right wrist was badly sprained and this is the first time I've typed since the accident. I bruise easily and the front of my body is black and blue and I look like I've been beaten.

As usual, son Barry has been his wonderful self, taking on an already heavy workload as I haven't been much help around the house this week. Last weekend, I gave him a Christmas gift card I received from my sister, Jeanette, to use to help pay for a an electric throw for me which he did. And, it has felt good on cold days.

On the day before the fall, I had an appointment with my family doctor and she prescribed a gel to apply to my arthritic knees which have been extremely painful this winter. If this treatment isn't effective she will give me the shots in my knees. She said she would also make arrangements with the blood doctor in Calhoun for me to have my monthly blood test in her office. If I need a booster shot I will go to Calhoun. Otherwise, we won't have to make that tiring trip once a month.

I will sign off for now and hope to resume my regular schedule soon.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home