Monday, August 01, 2011

Intensive workouts at Benchmark physical therapy
By Olivene Godfrey
"You're stronger than you think you are,", son Barry has been telling me. Then the physical therapists told me the same thing at Benchmark's Dalton clinic when they gave me an intensive workout last week. All the same, over the past weekend muscles I didn't know I had were aching. Fortunately, our wonderful, helper. Tam, had the house shiny and clean so I could rest a lot. I went for the therapy two days last week but won't return to the clinic until tomorrow.

BenchMark is a regional chain of Out Patient Rehabilitation
services. My doctor referred me to the Dalton clinic. The physical therapists who worked with me last week said my balance was actually quite good. She asked if I had fallen during the past year. I told her about the vertigo fall when I fell flat on my back with no warning and when I opened my eyes, the room appeared to be spinning.

At the end of my first session, the therapist said she thought I was afraid I would have another vertigo fall and needed to regain my self-confidence. And that is what therapist at the clinic will be trying to do for me. At the end of my second session, I was walking without my cane while the therapist held belt that was attached to my waist.

Tam drove me to the clinic last week and will take me back this week. Already I am feeling stronger and have been astounding Barry and Tam by walking with my cane more often. I haven't needed the wheel chair since I started the therapy

I also have a couple of other appointments the next few weeks so I am getting out more often. Barry wants me get like I was before I had the vertigo fall when I was able to do more things for myself and we could out of the house on weekends again.
I thank God for helping me be stronger.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home