Sunday, September 18, 2011

Marigolds still blooming & Good medical report & fairly new IBS medicine promising.




By Olivene Godfrey

The pretty marigolds in a large patio container were beaten down by the tropical storm, Lee. But, they are hardy and tolerated the rains well and perked back up and are blooming again. As I write this, we're having gorgeous weather today  with bright sunshine and an autumn nip in the air.

Last week, I had an appointment with our family doctor and she gave me a copy of the recent lab work I had at the office. She told me my labs were perfect, even blood sugar.  So, I guess the low calorie Gatorade and low cal Ensure I drink each day hasn't affected my diabetes.

I've had to give up so many favorite foods and drinks  because of my diabetes or IBS. I discussed my IBS with my doctor  and told her that it controlled my life now. She gave me a prescription and samples of a medicine for IBS that has helped many IBS patients. I had tried this drug several years ago in a larger dosage which my gut couldn't tolerate.  I took the medicine twice the next day and was "totally cleaned out" by suppertime which wasn't unusual according to research son Barry did on the web.  Symptoms of IBS are usually improved within a week, according to the web info, and bowel movements may occur in one day. I hope this medicine continues to work for me.

I also got a flu shot so I am prepared for winter, I hope!
Tam, my wonderful helper, drove me to the doctor's office and went in the patient room with me to see the doctor and afterward
helped me to remember the doctor's advice.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home