Sunday, August 21, 2011



Exercise is medicine & do what I say, not what I do.

By Olivene Godfrey

Since I started working out at Benchmark, Barry started thinking he should exercise again as felt he was out of shape. (He still weighs now the same as he did when he was 20 so he isn't too much out of shape). He has a bunch of weights in the garage and the riding bike in the house. I am supposed to be doing leg exercises here at home and walking some . But, what with IBS and other distractions, I haven't done much. I have vowed to do more from now on though.

There's a large sign on the wall at the Dalton Benchmark gym that reads Exercise is Medicine. And, at age 83, exercises causes a lot of pain itself. Maybe after a while I'll benefit from the exercises. The therapist help work out at Benchmark or I doubt I'd ever be able to do some of the exercises. I understand now why some rich folks who work out hire personal trainers who prod them to do the exercises. I have a lot of will power and have been able to do the exercises at the gym but it is hard work. They let me take as many breaks as I need and are very kind and nice.

Barry and I had a lot on our minds recently and when he bought a sugar free apple pie, we forgot to check ingredients on the pie box. The pie was delicious and I ate a large piece.
To my regret, as I had an adverse reaction to the pie. Barry checked the ingredients and sure enough, it contained a lot of blood sugar alcohol which taste delicious in a food but plays havoc with my stomach. I was sick for several days. I remembered I had asked that readers check the ingredients. So, do what I say, and not what I do. I want to stress that the blood sugar alcohol doesn't bother some people. For instance, it doesn't bother Barry. But, he inherited his late dad's "cast iron stomach" and rarely has any kind of problem digesting food.
See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home