Sunday, October 23, 2011

Things just happen to me.





By Olivene Godfrey

Years ago, Earl Wilson, in his syndicated column, wrote
"A small town's a place where you can chat on the phone for an hour or so, even if you get a wrong number."  I've had a number of interesting telephone chats as a result of dialing the wrong number.  Several times strangers have dialed my number by mistake and we've winded up chatting for 15 or 20 minutes.

But then Things just seem to happen to me.  Like, I'm in a shop minding my own business when a perfect stranger will walk up and ask my advice about an item they may be considering purchasing.  I don't understand it.  I don't think I have a wise look about me.

Actually, I can just stay inside my own home and Things still happen, like, did you ever spray your hair with air freshener
instead of hair spray?   Well, I did one day to my dismay!

Did you ever reach up on a high shelf for a can of used cooking grease and have the can slip out of your hand, spilling the contents on your hair, face and body? Yep! I did that one day too.

Years ago, I used to travel a great deal by bus.  I heard some mighty fascinating stories from passengers who would sit in the seat beside me on buses. 

And, then there was the spring night when I left the car windows open.  The next morning I discovered our cat had given birth to a litter of kittens in the back seat of my car.

Oh, well  at least my life is seldom dull.

When I was "expecting" my son, and living on a Florida beach, I spent hours working crossword puzzles.  After awhile, I became pretty good at it and graduated to crossword puzzle books as I soon learned most words in my daily newspaper puzzle.
Why do we enjoy puzzles? What's the fun in being frustrated as we try to solve a puzzle.? Maybe it's a challenge. Whatever the reason a puzzle is hard for most of us to resist.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home