Sunday, February 19, 2012

I may have blepharoplasty soon





By Olivene Godfrey

I had an appointment last week with my eye doctor-surgeon and we discussed the surgery to correct my drooping eye lids. This surgical procedure is called blepharoplasty. I am not having it for cosmetic reasons although that will be nice, but because the excessive skin is covering my eye lids and interfering with my vision. The doctor told me following an eye exam that my eyes are still healthy and my vision good, and I should see better after this surgery. Medicare will pay for it which is good as it's very expensive surgery. I will have to have ice packs on my eyes for 48 hours following the surgery and will see doctor again in a week to remove stitches. Medicare won’t pay for this operation if its for cosmetic reasons so I will have to schedule a doctor visit for a test which will be sent to Medicare. I will be talking more about this in future blogs.

When we woke up this morning a cold rain was falling and weather forecast said the temp will fall all day and be very cold tonight. I decided to stay at home today and Barry went to Chatsworth and bought home food for our lunch. Then while I rested Barry went to K-Mart in Dalton and came home with a lot of things we've been needing and some he just liked and bought. So many people here have sinus infections and are quite ill. We are hoping we can avoid getting sick.

In the old days of the Bible there were miracles. Today there are still miracles, but of a different kind. Today a miracle is something that cannot be done until someone comes along and does it. Every employer is looking for this kind of person who can perform a modern miracle. When such an individual is discovered, he is pushed up the ladder rapidly. One boss said of such a miracle worker on his staff. " I am overpaying him, but he's worth it."

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home