Sunday, February 12, 2012

A cold spell, a new hair cut, doctor visit, Barry installed new stereo system in den, and Sunday outing.






By Olivene Godfrey,

As I write this, we here in northwest Georgia are having a cold spell, our first real one of this winter. I think it's only supposed to last a few days.

I had my hair cut last week and Barry posted my picture on his FaceBook page and the response was favorable so it's now posted on this space. Hope you like it. The hair stylist who cut my hair was Tam's daughter who works at a beauty shop in Dalton.
Tam drove me to the beauty shop and I enjoyed the "beauty shop experience."

I had a doctor appointment one day last week and Tam went with me as I need someone bright and with good hearing like her to help me remember all the doctor tells me.  The doctor visit was longer than usual and the doctor gave me the results of my recent lab work.  She said my cholesterol was almost too low. (To help correct that I ate a Krispy Kreme doughnut yesterday.) Yep! I know that since I have Diabetes type 2, I need to watch my sugar intact. But, my blood sugar was fine so a little slip up should be okay. All of my labs were fine except my sodium was too low. The doctor changed some of my blood pressure medicine- cutting out my water pill.  She thinks I may be drinking too much water. I told her sometimes I drink Gatorade’s Low Cal G2 drink and she told me to drink it when I'm thirsty some of the time.  I don't need to return to doctor office  for three months.

Barry installed a new stereo system in the den this week. He said since listening to music at night is about the only thing I enjoy doing. So, he wanted me to have a really good stereo system. Yes, he is a great son!

PS--Sunday- Barry and I met Tam and her dad for a delicious lunch at Dalton's Western Sizzler today.  The weather was sunny but very cold and was 20 degrees this morning. It has warmed up some and I don't know what the latest forecast is for tomorrow.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home