Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wicked vertigo plays havoc with my weekend.





By Olivene Godfrey

It started Friday and by Saturday, I was staggering from positional vertigo, a spinning sensation of the ear caused by problems of the inner ear. It can be triggered by any action which stimulates the posterior semi-circular canal which may be: tilting the head,rolling over in bed, looking up or under, sudden head motion and post head injury.

Vertigo may be made worse by any number of modifiers which may vary between individuals: changes in barometric pressure, patients often feel symptoms about two days before rain or snow. lack of sleep, and stress.

This vertigo I'm suffering from now was probably caused when I realized I had oversleep Friday morning and rolled over and jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom.

Two treatments have been found effective for relieving symptoms of vertigo, according to research Barry did for me. I may have my doctor check these out for me as I HATE feeling this way.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home