Sunday, January 01, 2012

Looking back on the past week.


    By Olivene Godfrey
The sad event of the week,was the death of Sue Little, the beloved mother of my caregiver and friend, Tam. She had cancer but was doing well. Tam and her family are heartbroken and need your prayers to help them with this difficult sad time.

             ---------------------------------

Son Barry and I enjoyed Christmas dinner at my sister,Jeanette’s Dalton home.  Most of the great-grand children are teenagers and the small ones have really grown since we had seen them. It was an enjoyable day. Son Barry roasted a Butterball turkey roast which was delicious and we ate it for meals the rest of the week.       

              ---------------------------------------

Tam gave me a Christmas gift which I treasure. She had a small photograph of my late husband, Ralph and myself that was made on our 50th wadding anniversary, enlarged and beautifully framed.  Barry hung it on the den wall in a prominent place.  And all visitors to the house have commented on the picture.

           ----------------------------------------


Barry's pretty co-worker, Kym, and her mother, Peggy, came by one day last week for a visit. I had never met Peggy and enjoyed their visit. They brought me lunch ad stayed a while to chat.  When Kym returned to work, Peggy stayed a while and visited me while I ate lunch. Tam was with her family all week but came to see me one day. She is just heartbroken and it hurt my heart to see her deep sadness. Sometimes it is hard to understand why bad things happen to good people. Please remember her in your prayers.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home