Saturday, March 03, 2012

REFLECTIONS ON PAST WEEK



By Olivene Godfrey

Last week, I watched a movie Barry had recorded for me.
And I've found that actors mumble in even the best of modern movies. Before we had closed caption, it was hard for me to understand the dialogue even while wearing my hearing aids.
My favorite movies of all time are Gone With the Wind and
The Godfather.

Tam is recovering from bronchitis and she had to stay at home one day last week. After seeing a doctor, when she got a shot and prescription for antibiotics, she started feeling better.
I hope she’ll soon be her old self. I strongly believe that God sent Tam to care for me at this time in my life. I enjoy
talking to her on a variety of subjects and I'm continually amazed how we agree on many subjects. If I were younger I would write a book and title it The Saga of Tam. Last week I was talking about horses and she surprised me anew by telling me that she once owned a horse farm. She is indeed a fascinating person and is modest about her achievements.  I've known her about a year and she continues to surprise me and I'm so fortunate to have her friendship.

Last week, Barry impulsively bought a package of Mayfield's mini ice cream sandwiches. We hadn’t eaten any in years. I savored every bite and I had forgotten how real sugar and ice cream taste. Yummie!

Most of us have heard that the person who doesn't look you directly in the eye is dishonest. But, scientists say that isn't necessarily true. People feel it's disconcerting to hold an eye-to-eye confrontation without looking away occasionally. 
And there are plenty of con artists who can look you squarely in the eye while trying to con you out of your life savings.
You need to look for other give-away trait in those kind of people.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home