Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tam meets Kym – finally



By Olivene Godfrey

The "event" had been planned for months and yesterday afternoon
Tam and Kym finally met and seemed to "hit it off" which pleased Barry and myself.

Every six months, I see my blood doctor in Calhoun, which is about 25 miles south of Dalton where Barry's shop is located.
Six months ago, Barry suggested that Tam drive me to his shop on her way home on the date we saw the doctor. Tam and Kym had wanted to meet then but Kym had a business appointment. So, when we made the trip yesterday afternoon, Kym visited with us and we appreciate her taking time out of her busy schedule to visit with us. She's in sales for the shop and is often out of the office.

Barry and I had a nice trip to Calhoun and only had to wait a short time before seeing the doctor.  I had lab work done at my Chatsworth's doctor,s office last week and took a copy of the report so the Calhoun doctor could read it. I wasn't eligible for a booster shot as the doctor said everything on the report was perfect. That didn't explain my fatigue which I often have and it may be as my Chatsworth doctor told me, that just being 84 years old could be the reason for some of my aches and pains.

Once again, I am reminded of the young man who asked an elderly made how it felt to be old.  The old man replied that he felt like a young man with something terrible wrong with him.
And I feel the same way.


See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home