Monday, May 14, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY GOAL REACHED WITH AID OF BLOOD TRANSFUSION AND DESPITE TORRENTIAL RAINS

May 14, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
Tam drove me to my family doctors office last Tuesday.  While there, the doctor ordered a blood test which revealed that my blood was very low, causing my extreme fatigue.  Meanwhile, my doctor ordered a blood transfusion which I had last Thursday.  I'm feeling stronger and hope and pray I'll be feeling chipper soon.
When I came home, following my recent hospital stay, Tam, Barry and I set a goal for me to feel like going out to eat lunch with Barry on Mother Day.  I hadn't eaten in a restaurant in months and I started mentally preparing for the Big Day.  On Friday, Tam used her magical fingers to "do my hair".
When Barry came home from work he photographed me and posted it on his facebook page.  He received several nice comments from readers about the picture.
Overall, I had an enjoyable weekend.  Tam gave me a red knockout rose bush and sent a sweet message.  Barry gave me a basket of impatients and an extra long hose for my handheld shower.
Barry and I had a delicious lunch on Mother's Day at Western Sizzlin.  As usual, I ate too much.  The torrential rains all day on Mother's Day made the trip to Dalton rough, but we were careful and made it okay.
See you next time
As told to Tam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home