Friday, May 25, 2012

RANDOM THOUGHTS ON A SPRING DAY

May 25, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
Our patio looks pretty now with the new plants Barry has bought recently, and the ones we keep inside in the winter months.  Yesterday, Barry helped me walk to the patio so I could see the Christmas Cactus in full gorgeous bloom in May!  Tam says her late mother's Christmas Cactus is also blooming now.
Our neighbor and friend, Genevelyn, is recovering from Shingles.  This brought back memories of ten years ago when son, Barry and I had a HORRIBLE case of Shingles.  My late husband had been in bad health for a number of years and we took care of him until his death in 2002.  We think our Shingles were caused by stress.  We are praying that Genevelyn recovers completely soon.
I am still having problems with my eyes, especially the left eye.  My eye doctor told me I needed eyelid surgery, as my droopy eyelids are covering my lashes, causing visions problems.  The surgery date had been set when I had double pneumonia recently and had to postpone the surgery.  I need to have the surgery when I am completely well again.
The Home Health people have completed their month long visits except for the nurse who Tam and I like.  She will continue to check on me once a week for a few more weeks.
I hope and pray that I will completely recover soon.  The Home Health people think I have made amazing progress since I returned home.  They helped me get a nice walker which I use in the house and on the patio.  The walker gives me more confidence than my cane.
It seems strange to have a month blank period in my life.  I don't remember much about the period when I had double pneumonia.  I do remember vividly the scary HALLUCINATIONS and think I'll never forget them.  Ten years ago I was in the hospital with pneumonia and also had hallucinations which I still vividly remember.  I have decided I want to die in my bed at home when the time comes.
My sincere thanks to Tam who types my blogs now, and to Barry who has edited them for the past nine years.  Here's to happier times!  See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home