Thursday, June 14, 2012

SOME RE-DECORATING GOING ON AROUND HERE AND TAM IS FEELING BETTER, THANK GOD!

June 14, 2012


By Olivene Godfrey
Son, Barry is in the process of re-decorating part of our house.  He recently bought a wood and glass cabinet for the large flat screen television and super stereo equipment he installed in our den.
Barry took the first step to put into action a plan we had discussed for several years.  I've read articles over the years that advise spouses who have lost their mate to change the master bedroom.  My late husband, Ralph passed away ten years ago, and I just now, with Barry urging, decided to move out Ralph's bed and make a little sitting area for myself in the large master bedroom.  Barry took the bed down and carried the old mattress to the landfill and set up a temporary sitting room for me.  We will be looking for a new recliner for the room.  This bedroom is the coolest room in the summer and the warmest in the winter.  We plan to sell the bed which is very old but is still in good condition.
When I saw my doctor last week for a check-up, she told me to buy therapeutic stockings to wear to reduce swelling of my ankles and to help prevent blood clots.  She said I wore them when I was recently in the hospital, but I have no memory of it.  The stockings help but, they are expensive and I really need another pair.  Tam washed them according to the instructions, so I know they will be okay to wear.  Tam seems to be feeling better.  I continue to advise her to pace herself.  She is so good natured she takes on too many chores to do for people.
I told Tam today she should write a book entitled "Let Tam Do It".  Barry and I are guilty of asking Tam to do things we aren't good at doing, as we know she will perform the chores perfectly.  But, we are trying not to impose on her kind heart in the future.  See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home