Friday, July 20, 2012

NOTES FROM MEMO PAD


July 20, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
Earlier this week I had an appointment with my audiologist in Dalton to have my hearing aids adjusted.  The volume was increased and I'm hearing better.  I still have a problem hearing people who speak real fast.  It sounds to me that the words are slurred and all run together like a loud noise.  If you have good hearing, be grateful.  It never crossed my mind when I was young that I would lose my hearing.
I had an appointment yesterday with my primary care doctor, who I've been seeing for 25 or so years.  She knows all about my health.  She changed one of my medicines which I will start taking in a few days.  I'm always a bit apprehensive when I take a new medicine, but this one should help me.  A blood test showed I'm now eligible for a booster shot which always gives me more energy.  I will be getting in touch with my blood doctor in Calhoun about this next week.
We have hired a roofer to replace the shingles on the back of our house which were damaged in a recent wind storm here.  Actually, we are getting a new roof on the back of the house.  About a year or so ago, we had to have the front half of the roof replaced.  I'll be glad when it's done, but I dislike the noise when the roof is being installed.  The work should begin in a week or so.  Our house insurance will cover the price for it, thank goodness!
The weather here is hot and muggy with scattered showers.  We have had a lot of thunder and lightning, but little rain this week.
When I'm alone, I often think of my recent lengthy hospital stay with double pneumonia.  I've been told I had several close calls.  Sometimes I wonder if there was a reason I was spared.  I do enjoy my life more now.  See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home