Wednesday, September 05, 2012

THOUGHTS ON PAST WEEK


September 5, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
This time of year here in Georgia's high country, grass and foliage usually are a brownish hue and the days are still hot and sunny.  Because of the hurricane in the Gulf, we've been having a lot of rain, and everything is lush and green and the patio plants are thriving.  The marigolds are gorgeous, just as we envisioned them, when Barry planted the small flowers in a large container on the patio in the spring.  Unfortunately, the hated ragweed is blooming like crazy, causing we allergy sufferers much pain and discomfort.
Our pear tree is bearing fruit and son Barry gathered the perfectly shaped pears to take to work for his co-workers to enjoy.  I like pears but my gut doesn't like them.  So, I don't eat the delicious fruit.
I had a nice telephone chat this week with my late husband's sister, Agnes.  She lives in northeast Georgia so we don't see each other often.  She is in good health and had walked a mile that day on her treadmill.
Last week, Tam drove me to a Dalton beauty shop where her daughter, Carrie Jackson, is a hair stylist.  Carrie shampooed my hair, cut it, dried and curled it, so it looked pretty. (It still does , too.)  Barry made a picture of me and posted it on his Facebook page and readers had kind words to say about it.
Later, I'll have more to tell you about my novel which Tam is preparing for publication soon.
See you next time,
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home