Wednesday, August 15, 2012

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN


August 15, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
It's amazing how a small blue pill can make so much difference in my life.  It goes back nearly 25 years ago when I was going through a difficult time.  It made me feel better through good and bad years.
Several times I tried to quit taking the drug.  I took newer anti-depressants that didn't keep me from feeling awful.
This drug didn't keep me from having health problems over the years, but it helped me to survive.  I was beginning to feel happy again after my lengthy hospital stay with double pnuemonia last spring.
And then, out of the blue, we began having problems with the pharmacy we had used for years.  An apparent mix-up between the pharmacy and my doctor, resulted with me being told my old medicine was no longer being made.  For three weeks, I suffered to the point I thought I was dying.  I lost ten pounds during that time.  Barry and Tam decided something had to be done.  Tam made phone calls Monday to the new pharmacy we had switched to and was told they would have no problems with getting the old medicine.  She then called the doctors office and in a few hours I took my little blue pill and as I write this, I'm almost back to normal and am beginning to be happy again!
I dislike being so dependant on a medicine. But, I am 84 years old and think I should be allowed to be happy during the time I have left on this earth.
See you next time.

(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home