Monday, August 27, 2012

THOUGHTS ON PUBLISHING NOVELS


August 27, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
I may have one of my nine novels published soon.  During the 1970's and 1980's, I was a very prolific writer.  Besides my newspapering and magazine work, I wrote fiction at night.  I also took care of my housework and cooked for my late husband, Ralph, and son Barry.  Finally, I became "burned out", and took a long break from writing, except for an occasional free lance assignment.  (I did sell three romance novels to a German publisher during that time.)
My typed novel manuscripts are in mailing boxes.  Barry and Tam are involved in the process of getting things ready for possible publication.  It's been 20 - 25 years since I wrote the novels, and I had forgotten some of the titles and names of characters.  As I've looked over the manuscripts, I think they are good, and I am usually my most harsh critic.  The characters of the novel came to life for me and I wrote about them.
I could die happy if my novels were published while I have my wits about me.  At the same time, it would be frosting on the cake if Barry could be happily married, too.
See you next time......
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home