Friday, September 14, 2012

TRYING TO CONQUER OLD FEAR


September 13, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
It's been over two years since I had the horrible VERTIGO DROP attack.  And I still suffer at times from the trauma that was so frightening that I am afraid to walk from one room to another when I'm alone in the house.  (You don't have to be a psychiatrist to realize I'm probably scared I'll have another vertigo attack if I'm alone.)
I've had therapy several times during the past two years but to no avail.  The home health physical therapist and occupational therapist have started treaments again for this problem.  So far they seem to be on the right track this time.  They are trying to build my confidence so I'll be able to conquer the fear that rules my life.  At this point, I'm unable to cook in the kitchen or even fix a snack.  And, I can't do any housework or laundry.  Tam, my caregiver and friend, and son Barry do everything for me.  I'll be 85 in December, and I'm not physically able to do the things I did for so many years.  But, I pray that I will be able to prepare a simple meal and other things soon.  (I've told Barry that if I have a miraculous recovery, I'm still not giving up Tam.  He agreed, we can't do without her now.)  Please remember me in your prayers.
A few days ago, Tam brought me a beautiful bouquet of red roses that were planted and cared for by her late mother.  Tam also gave me a rose bush in the spring and Barry has been caring for it.
See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home